Grandma's Breakfast Bread Pudding
|Day old wheat bread loaf||1|
|Sugar||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Milk||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Whiskey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Take stale bread to tear into small pieces.
2) Fill a shallow bowl with water.
3) Dip bread pieces in water to saturate. Form a ball by squeezing water.
4) Preheat the oven to 350°.
5) In a 13x9x2-inch baking dish place balls.
6) In a large bowl, beat together eggs and sugar.
7) Pour in milk and vanilla and mix well.
8) In a 3-quart saucepan, melt butter.
9) Add sugar mixture and whiskey to stir.
10) Bring the liquid to a boil with constant stirring.
11) Remove from heat and pour over the bread in baking dish.
12) Place inside oven to bake for 1 1/2 hours.
13) Serve bread pudding hot by slicing in pieces.