Poor Man's Pudding
|Chopped suet||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Seeded raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Currants||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated bread||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon (Royal)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1) In a bowl, add in the chopped suet, raisins, currants and grated bread. Give it a little toss.
2) Now add the flour that has been sifted with baking powder and brown sugar.
3) Pour in the milk and for a smooth batter.
4) In a well greased mould, drop in dollops of the batter.
5) Place the mould in a covered sauce pan with water half way up to the sides of the mould.
6) Steam the pudding for 2 hours over low flame.
7) Remove the saucepan from heat. Turn out the pudding carefully onto a serving dish.
8) Serve hot with a sauce of your choice.