|Self raising flour||6 Ounce (150 Gram)|
|Ground mixed spice||1 Teaspoon|
|Grated nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Fresh white breadcrumbs||1 Pound (1/2 Kilogram)|
|Shredded suet||1 Pound (1/2 Kilogram)|
|Candied peel||4 Ounce, finely chopped (100 Gram)|
|Blanched almonds||4 Ounce, shredded (100 Gram)|
|Grated orange rind||2 Tablespoon|
|Seedless raisins||2 Pound, finely chopped, washed and dried (1 Kilogram)|
|Currants||8 Ounce, washed and dried (200 Gram)|
|Sultanas||1 Pound, washed and dried (0.5 Kilogram)|
|Soft brown sugar||12 Ounce (300 Gram)|
|Black treacle||4 Tablespoon|
|Eggs||6 , beaten|
|Stout||1 Pint (1/2 Liter)|
1) In a bowl, sieve flour, mixed spice, nutmeg and salt.
2) Add breadcrumbs, suet, candied peel, almonds, orange rind, raisins, currants, sultanas, sugar and treacle to it.
3) Mix well eggs and stout.
4) Blend all the ingredients.
5) Take four 1 l (2 pint) pudding basins or of different sizes, grease and add mixture to it three-quarters full.
6) Press to avoid air bubbles forming.
7) The basin has to be covered with greaseproof paper.
8) Simmer for 6-8 hours. Once done let it cool.
9) Serve with other Christmas foods.
Freeze in double thick foil. Thaw for a night in refrigerator. Before serving, turn it back to well greased basins, cover with a lid of paper and steam for 3 hours.
Calories 3162 Calories from Fat 1132
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 127 g195.4%
Saturated Fat 57.1 g285.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 317.2 mg105.7%
Sodium 1977.2 mg82.4%
Total Carbohydrates 493 g164.3%
Dietary Fiber 26.4 g105.8%
Sugars 312 g
Protein 42 g84%
Vitamin A 10.8% Vitamin C 134.8%
Calcium 75% Iron 105.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet