Baked Yellow Squash Pudding
|Yellow squash||4 Pound, scrubbed and sliced 1/4 inch thick|
|Yellow onions||3 Medium, peeled and cut in thin wedges|
|Boiling water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Light brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Minced parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Grease a 3 quart baking dish or casserole with butter.
2. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
3. In a large skillet or a kettle, melt the butter
4. Add onions and squash and sweat for a few minutes until onions are soft.
5. Add water and cover the pan.
6. Simmer squash and onions for 25 to 30 minutes until tender.
7. Remove the lid and simmer squash for 10 minutes until it is mushy and liquid evaporates.
8. Use a fork to mash the large pieces.
9. Sprinkle all the herbs, seasonings and sugar and stir until sugar dissolves.
10. Turn the mixture into the baking dish.
11. Bake squash for 2 1/2 hours until caramelized.
12. Spoon the squash from the baking dish and enjoy hot.