Custard Rice Pudding
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cooked brown rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Preheat an oven to 325° F.
2. Wash raisins, strain and set aside.
3. Grease a 2 quarter casserole dish with oil or unsalted butter.
4. Use a large sauce pan.
5. Heat the milk to below scalding point.
6. Stir in washed raisins.
7. Simmer the milk and raisins on low heat for15 minutes.
8. Add cooked rice, honey, sugar and salt to the milk. Cook for 2 minutes stirring continuously. Remove from heat.
9. In a medium glass bowl, combine beaten eggs with a little hot pudding. Gradually pour the egg mixture into the hot pudding, stirring continuously to prevent the eggs from coagulating.
10. Pour the pudding into the casserole dish.
11. Sprinkle grated nutmeg on the top.
12. Bake the rice pudding in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes until thick and set.
13. Serve pudding from the casserole dish at the table, into individual dessert bowls, Garnish with nuts if desired.