1) Set your oven to preheat at 180C/fan 160C/gas 4.
2) Use a shallow ovenproof dish to butter lightly.
3) Rinse rice with cold running water and drain.
4) In a pan, pour in milk and creams. Bring this to a boil by adding vanilla pod.
5) Carefully add rice and sugar and stir thoroughly.
6) Transfer this into the prepared ovenproof dish.
7) Sprinkle little grated nutmeg on top.
8) Add dots of butter
9) Place inside the heated oven.
10) Bake this for 15 minutes and then reduce the oven heat to 160C/fan 140C/gas 3.
11) Bake for another hour or so to make the pudding golden brown on top.
12) Serve the rice pudding with spoonfuls of raspberry jam or any fruit punch.