Whipped Pudding With Strawberries
|Vanilla pudding and pie filling mix||3 1⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon|
|Undiluted evaporated milk||1 2⁄3 Cup (26.67 tbs) (1 Can)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|California strawberries||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Angel cake||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Place 2/3 cup of evaporated milk for 10 to 15 minutes in the chiller until icicles start to form
2. In a medium saucepan, combine the pudding mix, gelatin, nutmeg, 1 cup undiluted evaporated milk and water. Give a good stir.
3. Place the pan on a medium -low flame and bring mixture to a boil, stirring continuously.
4. Take pan off the flame, cover with lid and refrigerate until the pudding is semi –set.
5. Whip the chilled evaporated milk until stiff
6. Add lemon juice and vanilla to it and whip for another 2 minutes.
7. When the pudding is semi-set beat with a wire whisk until smooth and light.
8. Lightly fold in sliced strawberries and whipped milk.
9. In a 1 1/2-quarter mold or bowl, layer the cake squares.
10. Top with a layer of pudding mixture and repeat until all the cake and pudding has been used
11. Place bowl in refrigerator to chill for 2 hours until pudding has set.
12. To unmold, place the bowl in a bath of warm water for 10 seconds and then carefully invert on serving plate and give a sharp tap.
13. Garnish dessert with additional whipped topping and strawberries if desired.