Cinnamon Orange Pudding
|Grated orange peel||1 Tablespoon|
|Melted butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Whole wheat pastry flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Orange juice concentrate||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Arrowroot||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Milk||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) With a grater, grate the orange peel.
2) In a large saucepan, add butter and heat up to melt.
3) Add flour to the butter and gradually pour in orange juice concentrate. Mix the ingredients to make it smooth.
4) In a bowl, stir in arrowroot flour into milk and dissolve thoroughly.
5) Gradually pour this into the orange juice mixture and continue whisking.
6) Add remaining ingredients and stir well.
7) Put the heat at medium and continue cooking by stirring with a wooden spoon or wire whisk until it thickens.
8) Allow it to cool and serve by topping with your favorite sauce.
Calories 428 Calories from Fat 196
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g34%
Saturated Fat 13.5 g67.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 61.3 mg20.4%
Sodium 96.3 mg4%
Total Carbohydrates 51 g17.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.3%
Sugars 41.1 g
Protein 9 g18.8%
Vitamin A 14% Vitamin C 9.1%
Calcium 28.6% Iron 4.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet