1. In a medium-sized heavy saucepan, combine ½ cup sugar, 2 tablespoons cornstarch, and ¼ teaspoon salt. Gradually whisk in 1 ½ cups milk and ½ cup half-and-half.
2. Place saucepan over medium heat and bring mixture to a boil, whisking constantly. When the mixture boils, reduce heat to low and boil for one minute, whisking constantly.
3. Remove from heat, and whisk in ¾ cup peanut butter and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Keep whisking until pudding is smooth.
4. Pour completed Simple and Elegant Peanut Butter Pudding into a nice serving bowl. Cover with plastic wrap, placing the plastic wrap right on top of the pudding to seal.
5. Chill for 2 hours before serving.
6. When ready to serve, remove plastic wrap, and spoon a generous serving into a dessert bowl.
7. Top with sweetened whipped cream and sprinkle some dried banana crumbs over the top. T
his is a gorgeous dessert, and it tastes YUM! I hope you enjoy it! Love, Betty