Sweet Potato or Yam Bread Pudding with a Praline Sauce is a delicious dish prepared with the sweet potatoes or yam and bread, wonderfully flavoured with the cinnamon and nutmeg. Nicely drizzle the praline sauce over the warm bread pudding and serve with whipped cream. Enjoy!!
Brioche slices/French bread
8 , cut into large cubes
Mashed sweet potatoes/Yams
1 Cup (16 tbs) (About 3 In Number)
Half and half
2 Cup (32 tbs)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1 Stick)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
Method for bread pudding:
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Butter a 2 qt casserol dish and place it into a larger pan and fill the larger pan half way up with water. Set aside
3) Place the cut up bread into the buttered casserol dish. Sprinkle the bread with about a ¼ cup of bourbon or rum.
4) In a large bowl place the sweet potaoes and whisk in the eggs.
5) Then add the molasses,brown sugar cinammon and nutmeg. Whisk in the half and half.
6) Pour the custard over the bread and sprinkle the top of the bread with more grated nutmeg.
7) Place in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes. The center should be set.
Method for praline sauce:
8) Place the butter in a heavy sauce pan and let it melt. Add the brown sugar and let it boil for 5 minutes until it get thick.
9) Add the pecans and ¼ cup of heavy cream,stirring frequently.
Cook for a few minutes and take off the heat.
10) To serve, drizzle over warm bread pudding and serve with whipped cream.
This video is a creation of chef-ellie-espo. You can visit chef-ellie-espo for complete recipes, and more videos.
Bread pudding is like a pallet! You can through in anything you want into it. This recipe stays with the Thanksgiving theme. Chef Ellie makes a bread pudding adding roasted yam puree to the custard, getting a gorgeous orange color and using sweet, rich brioche bread for the base. Pumpkin spice mix gives the pudding that wonderful pumpkin pie flavor. Served with a warm pecan praline sauce and a generous dollop of whipped cream, this bread pudding is far from being ordinary! If you’re looking for a new additi