Thanksgiving Roasted Yam Bread Pudding with a Praline Sauce
|Brioche slices/French bread||8 , cut into large cubes|
|Mashed sweet potatoes/Yams||1 Cup (16 tbs) (About 3 In Number)|
|Half and half||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1 Stick)|
|Pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Method for bread pudding:
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Butter a 2 qt casserol dish and place it into a larger pan and fill the larger pan half way up with water. Set aside
3) Place the cut up bread into the buttered casserol dish. Sprinkle the bread with about a ¼ cup of bourbon or rum.
4) In a large bowl place the sweet potaoes and whisk in the eggs.
5) Then add the molasses,brown sugar cinammon and nutmeg. Whisk in the half and half.
6) Pour the custard over the bread and sprinkle the top of the bread with more grated nutmeg.
7) Place in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes. The center should be set.
Method for praline sauce:
8) Place the butter in a heavy sauce pan and let it melt. Add the brown sugar and let it boil for 5 minutes until it get thick.
9) Add the pecans and ¼ cup of heavy cream,stirring frequently.
Cook for a few minutes and take off the heat.
10) To serve, drizzle over warm bread pudding and serve with whipped cream.
This video is a creation of chef-ellie-espo. You can visit chef-ellie-espo for complete recipes, and more videos.
Calories 762 Calories from Fat 448
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 51 g79.2%
Saturated Fat 20.4 g102.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 260.1 mg86.7%
Sodium 129.4 mg5.4%
Total Carbohydrates 67 g22.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.8%
Sugars 40.6 g
Protein 14 g27%
Vitamin A 73.5% Vitamin C 2.8%
Calcium 16.4% Iron 9.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet