Apple Tapioca Pudding
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Powdered cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Apples||1 Pound, washed, pared and sliced|
|Quick-cooking tapioca||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Start oven, set at Moderate, 375° F. Rub a baking dish with butter or margarine.
2. Mix the brown sugar with the water, salt and cinnamon, bring to boiling, drop in the apples and simmer 15 minutes.
3. Stir the tapioca in and cook 5 minutes more.
4. Add the butter or margarine. Mix thoroughly. Then turn it into the baking dish.
5. Bake 15 to 20 minutes. Chill and serve with top milk or cream.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1596 Calories from Fat 435
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g76.1%
Saturated Fat 31 g154.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 129 mg43%
Sodium 1949.8 mg81.2%
Total Carbohydrates 308 g102.6%
Dietary Fiber 12.6 g50.6%
Sugars 248.8 g
Protein 2 g3.8%
Vitamin A 35% Vitamin C 34.9%
Calcium 7.8% Iron 8.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet