|Milk||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Quick cooking tapioca||6 Tablespoon|
|Eggs||2 , separated|
1. Scald the milk in the top of a double boiler over hot water. Mix the tapioca, sugar and salt, add to the hot milk and cook, stirring, until the mixture thickens; cook 5 minutes longer. Remove from the heat.
2. Beat the egg yolks until lemon-colored.
3. Gradually pour the slightly cooled tapioca mixture over the egg yolks, beating all the time. Return to the double boiler and cook 2 minutes more, stirring. Remove from the heat.
4. Whip the egg whites stiff and fold in, add the vanilla. Tapioca pudding mixes are now on the market. They require only a few minutes' cooking time, but chilling time remains the same.
5. Chill and serve with top milk or cream.