Sweet Almond Pudding
|Blanched almonds||6 Ounce (180 Gram)|
|Water||3⁄4 Pint (430 Milliliter)|
|Sugar||6 Ounce (180 Gram)|
|Ground rice||3 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1⁄4 Pint (140 Milliliter)|
1. Blend the blanched almonds and the water in a liquidiser or food processor, until the almonds are well chopped.
2. Put the almond liquid into a medium- sized saucepan and bring this mixture to the boil over a gentle heat.
3. Add the sugar and stir until it has completely dissolved.
4. Blend together the rice and the milk in a jug.
5. Add the rice mixture slowly to the simmering sugar and almond mixture, stirring continuously, until the pudding thickens.
6. Remove the rice pudding from the heat and pour into individual serving dishes.
Calories 314 Calories from Fat 126
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.2%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2 mg0.7%
Sodium 16.3 mg0.7%
Total Carbohydrates 41 g13.7%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12.2%
Sugars 30.8 g
Protein 7 g14.8%
Vitamin A 0.4% Vitamin C
Calcium 8.6% Iron 6.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet