Classic New Orleans Bread Pudding
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Whole milk||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Bread loaf||2 Large|
|Raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||2 Tablespoon|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1 Stick)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whiskey||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs) (Optional But Recommended)|
1. Smear butter in a baking dish.
2. Stack slices of bread in the dish and fill it.
3. Put raisins in between the breads.
4. Crack 3 eggs and put in a bowl. Add milk, vanilla extract, sugar and cinnamon powder. Mix it up.
5. Add this mixture to the bread, pouring all over the bread. Let it sit for 1 hour.
6. bake it in the oven at 375 degrees for 1 hour.
1. Add all sauce ingredients in a saucepan except the egg.
2. when the sugar has melted, transfer the sauce to a bowl and whisk.
3. In a separate bowl, beat 1 egg.
4. Pour the sauce in the egg bowl with continuous stirring.
5. Transfer the sauce back to the saucepan, keep whisking continuously.
6. Whisk and cook for 1 minute until it thickens.
7. Pour over the bread pudding.
This video is a creation of 2kidscooking. You can visit 2kidscooking for complete recipes, and more videos.