Banana Chocolate Pudding Cake
|Cake flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Non-fat instant milk powder||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Reduced calorie chocolate pudding mix||1 (1 Envelope)|
|Double-acting baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||4 , separated|
|Granulated sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Evaporated skimmed milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Frozen dairy whipped topping||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), thawed|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line bottom of 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking pan with wax paper; spray bottom and sides with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
2. Onto sheet of wax paper or a paper plate sift together flour, dry milk powder, chocolate pudding mix, and baking powder; set aside.
3. In large mixing bowl combine egg yolks and sugar; using electric mixer, beat for 2 minutes. Alternating ingredients, gradually beat in chocolate pudding mixture and milk; add vanilla extract. Beat at medium-high speed until mixture is thoroughly combined.
4. In separate bowl, using clean beaters, beat egg whites with salt until stiff peaks form. Gently stir 1/4 of beaten egg whites into batter; carefully fold in remaining egg whites.
5. Pour batter into sprayed baking pan and set pan in middle of center oven rack; bake for 25 to 30 minutes (until a cake tester, inserted in center, comes out clean).
6. Let cake cool in pan for 5 minutes. Remove cake from pan and set on wire rack to cool.
7. Remove wax paper from cooled cake; transfer cake to serving platter and spread top with whipped topping. Peel and slice bananas; transfer slices to small bowl, add lemon juice, and toss gently. Decoratively arrange banana slices over whipped topping; to serve, cut cake into 8 equal pieces.