Rhubarb Spiral Cobbler
|Rhubarb||1 1⁄2 Pound, sliced (675 Gram)|
|Orange juice||45 Milliliter (3 Tablespoon)|
|Self raising flour||7 Ounce (200 Gram, 1 1/3 Cups)|
|Caster sugar||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Natural yogurt||7 Ounce (200 Gram, 1 Cup)|
|Grated orange rind||1 Medium|
|Sugar||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Ground ginger||1 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/ Gas 6. Cook the rhubarb, sugar and orange juice in a covered pan until tender. Tip into an ovenproof dish.
2. To make the topping, mix the flour and caster sugar, then stir enough of the yogurt to bind to a soft dough.
3. Roll out on a floured surface to a 25 cm / 10 in square. Mix the orange rind, demerara sugar and ginger, then sprinkle this over the dough.
4. Roll up quite tightly, then cut into about 10 slices using a sharp knife. Arrange the slices over the rhubarb.
5. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the spirals are well risen and golden brown. Serve warm, with yogurt or custard.