English Autumn Pudding
|Eating apples||1 Pound (450 Gram)|
|Plums||1 Pound, halved and stoned (450 Gram)|
|Blackberries||8 Ounce, hulled (225 Gram)|
|Apple juice||60 Milliliter (4 Tablespoon)|
|Whole meal bread slices||8 , crusts removed|
|Mint sprig||2 (For Garnish)|
|Blackberry||8 (For Garnish)|
|Half fat creme fraiche||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For Serving)|
1. Quarter the apples, remove the cores and peel, then slice them into a saucepan. Add the plums, blackberries and apple juice. Cover and cook gently for 10-15 minutes until tender. Sweeten, if necessary, with a little sugar or honey, although the fruit should be sweet enough.
2. Line the bottom and sides of a 1.2 litre / 2 pint / 5 cup pudding basin with 6-7 slices of bread, cut to fit. Press together tightly.
3. Spoon the fruit into the basin. Pour in just enough juice to moisten. Reserve any remaining juice.
4. Cover the fruit completely with the remaining bread. Fit a plate on top, so that it rests on the bread just below the rim. Stand the basin in a larger bowl to catch any juice. Place a weight on the plate and chill overnight.
5. Turn the pudding out on to a plate and pour the reserved juice over any areas which have not absorbed the juice. Decorate with the mint sprig and blackberry and serve with creme fraiche.
Calories 310 Calories from Fat 46
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8.1%
Saturated Fat 0.49 g2.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 294.6 mg12.3%
Total Carbohydrates 63 g20.9%
Dietary Fiber 9.3 g37.3%
Sugars 28.2 g
Protein 6 g12.9%
Vitamin A 12.8% Vitamin C 50.9%
Calcium 7.5% Iron 12.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet