|Fresh pumpkin||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Eggs||4 , separated|
|Light cream||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Light brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), packed|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Whipped cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter||1 Tablespoon (For greasing)|
1. Remove the seeds and peel from the pumpkin and cut into small pieces. Cook in boiling water until tender. Drain" and mash thoroughly. Cool slightly.
2. Preheat oven to moderate (350° F.).
3. Beat the egg whites until stiff.
4. Beat the egg yolks until thick and lemon colored. Combine the yolks with the pumpkin puree, cream, rum, brown sugar and seasonings. Mix thoroughly until blended. Fold in the beaten egg whites.
5. Place the mixture in-a buttered one-quart souffle dish and bake forty to forty-five minutes.