|Pudding rice||2 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Granulated sugar||2 Ounce|
|Light evaporated milk||410 Gram (1 Can)|
|Semi skimmed milk||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Freshly grated nutmeg||1 Pinch|
|Half fat butter||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
1. Preheat the oven to 150°C/ 300°F/Gas Mark 2. Lightly oil a large ovenproof dish.
2. Sprinkle the rice and the sugar into the dish and mix.
3. Bring the evaporated milk and milk to the boil in a small pan, stirring occasionally.
4. Stir the milks into the rice and mix well until the rice is coated thoroughly.
5. Sprinkle over the nutmeg, cover with tinfoil and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
6. Remove the pudding from the oven and stir well, breaking up any lumps.
7. Cover with the same tinfoil. Bake in the preheated oven for a further 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and stir well again.
8. Dot the pudding with butter and bake for a further 45-60 minutes, until the rice is tender and the skin is browned.
9. Divide the pudding into 4 individual serving bowls. Add a light dusting of ground nutmeg and serve immediately.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 644 Calories from Fat 152
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.1%
Saturated Fat 7.9 g39.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8.2 mg2.7%
Sodium 265.8 mg11.1%
Total Carbohydrates 103 g34.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.18 g0.7%
Sugars 82.7 g
Protein 23 g46.4%
Vitamin A 0.6% Vitamin C 6.9%
Calcium 52.6% Iron 4.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet