Apple Bread Pudding
|Low sodium bread slice||4|
|Low sodium corn oil margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Apples||2 , peeled cored and chopped|
|Egg substitute||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Equivalent To 2 Eggs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Evaporated skimmed milk||1 Cup (16 tbs), undiluted|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
1. Spread bread with margarine and toast in oven.
2. Cut into cubes and place in an 8 x 8-inch baking pan greased with margarine.
3. Add apples.
4. Mix egg substitute, 1/4 cup sugar, milk, and water in a separate bowl.
5. Pour mixture over apples and let set 10 minutes.
6. Stir in vanilla.
7. Combine sugar and cinnamon, and sprinkle over the top.
8. Bake in a preheated 350°F oven 40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1458 Calories from Fat 633
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 72 g110.4%
Saturated Fat 13.1 g65.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 56.8 mg18.9%
Sodium 707.1 mg29.5%
Total Carbohydrates 168 g56%
Dietary Fiber 11.6 g46.5%
Sugars 122 g
Protein 38 g75.9%
Vitamin A 77.5% Vitamin C 27.3%
Calcium 90.1% Iron 27.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet