Apple Bread Pudding
|Low sodium bread slice||4|
|Low sodium corn oil margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Apples||2 , peeled cored and chopped|
|Egg substitute||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Equivalent To 2 Eggs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Evaporated skimmed milk||1 Cup (16 tbs), undiluted|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
1. Spread bread with margarine and toast in oven.
2. Cut into cubes and place in an 8 x 8-inch baking pan greased with margarine.
3. Add apples.
4. Mix egg substitute, 1/4 cup sugar, milk, and water in a separate bowl.
5. Pour mixture over apples and let set 10 minutes.
6. Stir in vanilla.
7. Combine sugar and cinnamon, and sprinkle over the top.
8. Bake in a preheated 350°F oven 40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.