Dried Corn Pudding
|Dried corn||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Parsley||1 , chopped|
|Boiling water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggs||4 , separated|
1. Combine corn and boiling water in a medium-size saucepan, then cover; let stand 1 hour.
2. Stir in sugar, salt and butter or margarine; bring to boiling; reduce heat; cover. Simmer for 30 minutes; stir in milk; simmer 5 minutes longer. Drain liquid into a 1-cup measure. Add additional milk, if needed, to make 1/2 cup liquid.
3. Beat egg whites until stiff in a small bowl.
4. Beat egg yolks in a large bowl; stir in corn mixture, the 1/2 cup liquid and pepper; stir in about one-third of beaten egg whites, then fold in the remainder. Pour into a buttered, deep, 6-cup baking dish. Set in a pan containing 1 inch of hot water.
5. Bake in moderate oven (350°) for 45 minutes, or until the tip of a knife inserted 1 inch from edge comes out clean.
6. Remove from oven; let stand 5 minutes; sprinkle with paprika and parsley.