Pumpkin Spice Pudding
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), sifted|
|Instant mashed potato||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Powdered Not Flakes)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Pumpkin pie spice||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), softened|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Orange rind||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Orange juice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Pumpkin||1 Pound (1 Can)|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Butterscotch velvet sauce||1 Tablespoon|
1. Measure flour, instant mashed-potato powder, baking soda, salt and pumpkin-pie spice into sifter.
2. Cream butter or margarine with brown sugar until fluffy in a large bowl; beat in eggs, then vanilla and orange rind.
3. Sift in dry ingredients, adding alternately with orange juice, beating well after each addition; fold in pumpkin and walnuts.
4. Pour into a well-greased, 8-cup tube mold; cover with foil, plastic wrap or double thickness of waxed paper; fasten with a string to hold tight.
5. Place on a rack or a trivet in a kettle (or make a rack by crumpling foil in a doughnut shape to fit bottom of kettle). Pour in boiling water to half the depth of pudding in mold; cover tightly.
6. Steam 2 hours, or until a long thin skewer inserted near center comes out clean. (Keep the water boiling gently during entire time, adding more boiling water, if it's needed.)
7. Cool the mold 5 minutes; loosen pudding around the edge with a sharp knife; unmold onto a serving plate; cool slightly. Spoon about 1/4 cup hot Butterscotch Velvet Sauce over the pudding. Cut in wedges; serve with the remaining sauce
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2560 Calories from Fat 810
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 94 g144.1%
Saturated Fat 37.2 g186.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 548.9 mg183%
Sodium 3608.6 mg150.4%
Total Carbohydrates 395 g131.5%
Dietary Fiber 13.5 g53.9%
Sugars 197.7 g
Protein 48 g97%
Vitamin A 717.3% Vitamin C 238.4%
Calcium 47.1% Iron 104.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet