Fruity Suet Pudding
|Apples||6 Ounce, peeled, quartered and sliced (175 Gram)|
|Plums||6 Ounce, halved and deseeded (175 Gram)|
|Blackberries||8 Ounce, hulls removed (225 Gram)|
|Grated lemon rind||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Caster sugar||4 Ounce (500 Gram)|
|Self raising flour||6 Ounce (175 Gram)|
|Caster sugar||15 Milliliter (1 Leveled Tablespoon)|
|Suet ground||3 Ounce, or shredded|
|Milk||1 Tablespoon (Or more to to mix custard or ice cream)|
1. Grease a 1.4 litre (2 1/2 pint) microwave pudding basin. Line the bottom of the basin with a small round of greaseproof paper.
2. Place the prepared fruits in three separate bowls. Add the lemon rind and juice to the apples with 50 g (2 oz) of the sugar and divide the remaining sugar, if used, equally between the plums and the blackberries. Mix the fruits and the sugar together.
3. To make the suetcrust pastry, put the flour and sugar into a mixing bowl and mix in the shredded suet. Bind the ingredients together with about 60-75 ml (4-5 tbsp) milk to form a soft but not sticky dough.
4. Turn out on to a lightly floured surface and shape into a cylinder, wider at one end than the other. Cut into four pieces.
5. Shape the smallest piece of pastry into a round large enough to fit the bottom of the prepared pudding basin. Place the pastry in the bottom of the basin and spoon in the apple mixture.
6. Shape another piece of pastry into a round large enough to cover the apples. Place on top of the apples and spoon the plums on top. Repeat with another round to cover the plums and spoon in the blackberries.
7. Shape the remaining pastry into a round large enough to cover the blackberries. Cover the blackberries with this final layer of pastry. There should be space above the last layer of pastry to allow for rising.
8. Cover the pudding basin with cling film, pleated in the centre to allow for expansion. Microwave on HIGH for 15-16 minutes, giving the basin a quarter turn three times during cooking. Allow the pudding to stand in the basin for 5 minutes before turning it out carefully on to a hot serving dish. Serve hot with custard or ice cream.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2135 Calories from Fat 755
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 84 g129.2%
Saturated Fat 45.1 g225.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 59.3 mg19.8%
Sodium 2177.4 mg90.7%
Total Carbohydrates 325 g108.4%
Dietary Fiber 24.7 g98.9%
Sugars 176.2 g
Protein 24 g47.3%
Vitamin A 23.8% Vitamin C 163.1%
Calcium 70.1% Iron 56.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet