Rich And Creamy Butterscotch Pudding
|Heavy cream||3 3⁄5 Cup (57.6 tbs) (3 1/2 Cups Plus 1 1/2 Tablespoons)|
|Dark brown sugar||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Egg yolks||5 Large|
|Vanilla bean||1⁄2 , split lengthwise and seeds scraped|
|Butterscotch chips||6 Ounce (1 Cup)|
|Whipped cream||4 Tablespoon|
|Caramel sauce||4 Tablespoon (Store-Bought, For Serving)|
1. Fill a medium bowl with ice water. Set a fine-mesh sieve in another medium bowl; set the bowl in the ice water bath.
2. In a small skillet, combine 1 1/2 tablespoons of the cream with the Scotch, brown sugar, water and salt and cook over moderate heat just until the sugar is dissolved. Let cool slightly.
3. Put the egg yolks in a medium bowl. In a heavy, medium saucepan, bring the remaining 3 1/2 cups of cream to a simmer with the vanilla bean and seeds. Remove from the heat. Add the butterscotch chips to the hot cream and let stand until melted, 2 to 3 minutes. Whisk until smooth. Gradually add the hot butterscotch mixture to the egg yolks, whisking constantly.
4. Return the mixture to the saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring constantly with a heatproof rubber spatula, until thick, about 15 minutes. Do not let it boil. Strain the pudding into the bowl in the ice bath and stir in the Scotch mixture.
5. Pour the pudding into glasses and refrigerate until thoroughly set, at least 4 hours or overnight.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4128 Calories from Fat 3177
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 361 g554.6%
Saturated Fat 220.1 g1100.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2196.6 mg732.2%
Sodium 2169.9 mg90.4%
Total Carbohydrates 201 g66.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10.1%
Sugars 50.7 g
Protein 34 g67.1%
Vitamin A 278.7% Vitamin C 9.5%
Calcium 79.7% Iron 14.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet