Orange Marmalade Pudding
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||4 , well beaten|
|Orange marmalade||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sifted all purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
1. Cream butter until softened. Add sugar gradually, beating until thoroughly blended. Add eggs in thirds, beating thoroughly after each addition, until mixture is light and fluffy. Beat in marmalade.
2. Mix flour and baking soda thoroughly and add to butter mixture in fourths, beating only until blended after each addition.
3. Turn into a greased 2-quart mold or 2-pound coffee can. Cover tightly with greased cover, or tie on greased aluminum foil, parchment paper, or double thickness of waxed paper.
4. Place mold on trivet or rack in a large kettle or steamer. Steam 2 hours, following instructions given in step 5 of Molasses Steamed Pudding
5. Remove from steamer and unmold onto warm serving dish.