Steamed Raisin Pudding
|Sifted all purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Butter||1 Tablespoon (for greasing)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground allspice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Molasses||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dark seedless raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Pudding sauce||2 Tablespoon|
1. Sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, and spices; set aside.
2. Break apart the suet (discarding membrane which coats it) and finely chop. Combine suet with molasses, milk, and water. Mix in the raisins.
3. Stir in the dry ingredients until well mixed.
4. Turn into a well-greased 2-quart mold. Cover tightly with a greased cover, or tie on greased aluminum foil, parchment paper, or double thickness of waxed paper.
5. Place mold on trivet or rack in a large kettle or steamer. Steam 3 hours, following instructions given in step 5 of Molasses Steamed Pudding
6. Remove from steamer and unmold onto a warm serving dish.