Steamed Cranberry Pudding
|Cranberries||12 Ounce, coarsely chopped (Fresh Or Frozen, 1 Package)|
|Crumbled vanilla wafers||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), melted|
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Slivered blanched almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Hard sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Grease 12-cup ring mold. Cut foil 1 inch larger than top of mold to use as cover; grease 1 side of foil well; set aside.
2. Into large bowl, measure all ingredients except Hard Sauce; stir until well blended. Pour into mold; cover mold with foil, greased side down, and seal tightly around edges.
3. Place mold on rack in large kettle. Add boiling water to come halfway up side of mold, not touching foil. Over high heat, heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 3 1/4 hours or until toothpick inserted through foil into center of pudding comes out clean.
4. Meanwhile, prepare Hard Sauce; cover and refrigerate.
5. When pudding is done, remove mold from kettle and cool on wire rack 20 minutes; loosen pudding with metal spatula and invert onto warm platter.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 6995 Calories from Fat 2892
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 313 g481.4%
Saturated Fat 169 g844.9%
Trans Fat 20.2 g
Cholesterol 1058.3 mg352.8%
Sodium 4364.5 mg181.9%
Total Carbohydrates 1001 g333.8%
Dietary Fiber 51.6 g206.2%
Sugars 500.4 g
Protein 71 g142.4%
Vitamin A 118.6% Vitamin C 76%
Calcium 238.6% Iron 61.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet