Vanilla Rice Cream
|Boiling water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs), scalded|
|Vanilla extract||1 Tablespoon|
|Uncooked rice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Finely chopped toasted filberts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon (1 Envelope)|
|Cold water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whipped topping mix||3 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Strawberries/Raspberries||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Fresh / Frozen)|
1. Combine boiling water, milk, 1 tablespoon vanilla extract, and salt in a heavy saucepan. Bring to boiling; add the rice gradually, stirring with a fork. Continue to stir 1 minute. Cover and cook over low heat 35 to 45 minutes, stirring occasionally until almost all the liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Remove from heat and add sugar and filberts. Set aside to cool.
2. Soften gelatin in cold water in a heavy saucepan. Stir over low heat until gelatin is completely dissolved. Chill until mixture is slightly thicker than consistency of thick unbeaten egg white, stirring frequently.
3. Meanwhile, whip topping mix according to package directions. Beat in 1 tablespoon vanilla extract.
4. Stir thickened gelatin into cooled rice-filbert mixture. Blend in the whipped topping.
5. Turn into a 2-quart mold. Refrigerate until firm (at least 3 hours).
6. Unmold onto a chilled serving plate and garnish with strawberries or raspberries.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3219 Calories from Fat 1387
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 180 g276.8%
Saturated Fat 32.9 g164.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 45.2 mg15.1%
Sodium 1225.5 mg51.1%
Total Carbohydrates 350 g116.7%
Dietary Fiber 26.6 g106.3%
Sugars 197.3 g
Protein 78 g156.1%
Vitamin A 12.3% Vitamin C 58.2%
Calcium 90.5% Iron 78.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet