Vanilla Rice Cream
|Boiling water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs), scalded|
|Vanilla extract||1 Tablespoon|
|Uncooked rice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Finely chopped toasted filberts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon (1 Envelope)|
|Cold water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whipped topping mix||3 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Strawberries/Raspberries||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Fresh / Frozen)|
1. Combine boiling water, milk, 1 tablespoon vanilla extract, and salt in a heavy saucepan. Bring to boiling; add the rice gradually, stirring with a fork. Continue to stir 1 minute. Cover and cook over low heat 35 to 45 minutes, stirring occasionally until almost all the liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Remove from heat and add sugar and filberts. Set aside to cool.
2. Soften gelatin in cold water in a heavy saucepan. Stir over low heat until gelatin is completely dissolved. Chill until mixture is slightly thicker than consistency of thick unbeaten egg white, stirring frequently.
3. Meanwhile, whip topping mix according to package directions. Beat in 1 tablespoon vanilla extract.
4. Stir thickened gelatin into cooled rice-filbert mixture. Blend in the whipped topping.
5. Turn into a 2-quart mold. Refrigerate until firm (at least 3 hours).
6. Unmold onto a chilled serving plate and garnish with strawberries or raspberries.