|Water||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), strained|
1. Mix the gelatin, sugar, and salt in a saucepan. Stir in the water. Stir over low heat until gelatin and sugar are dissolved. Remove from heat and stir in the lemon juice.
2. Chill until mixture is slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
3. When gelatin is of desired consistency, beat egg whites until stiff, not dry, peaks are formed.
4. Beat gelatin mixture until frothy. Fold into the beaten egg whites. Turn into a 1 1/2-quart fancy mold. Chill until firm (about 3 hours).
5. Unmold onto a chilled serving plate and serve with lingonberry preserves or Raspberry Sauce