Steamed Pumpkin Pudding
|Fine dry bread crumbs||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Sifted all purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lightly packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||2 , beaten with fork|
|Canned pumpkin||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Cooking oil/Salad oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Undiluted evaporated milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon zest creme||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
1. Combine bread crumbs, flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and cloves in a large bowl. Set aside.
2. Beat eggs and remaining ingredients together. Add to dry ingredients; mix until blended.
3. Turn into a well-greased 1 1/2-quart mold. Cover tightly with a greased cover, or tie greased aluminum foil, parchment paper, or double thickness of waxed paper tightly over mold. Place mold on trivet or rack in a large kettle or steamer.
4. Steam about 3 hours, following instructions given in step 5 of Molasses Steamed Pudding
5. Remove pudding from steamer and unmold onto a serving plate.