Steamed Pumpkin Pudding
|Fine dry bread crumbs||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Sifted all purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lightly packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||2 , beaten with fork|
|Canned pumpkin||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Cooking oil/Salad oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Undiluted evaporated milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon zest creme||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
1. Combine bread crumbs, flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and cloves in a large bowl. Set aside.
2. Beat eggs and remaining ingredients together. Add to dry ingredients; mix until blended.
3. Turn into a well-greased 1 1/2-quart mold. Cover tightly with a greased cover, or tie greased aluminum foil, parchment paper, or double thickness of waxed paper tightly over mold. Place mold on trivet or rack in a large kettle or steamer.
4. Steam about 3 hours, following instructions given in step 5 of Molasses Steamed Pudding
5. Remove pudding from steamer and unmold onto a serving plate.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2858 Calories from Fat 1321
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 149 g229.8%
Saturated Fat 27.1 g135.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 445.4 mg148.5%
Sodium 2843.3 mg118.5%
Total Carbohydrates 358 g119.3%
Dietary Fiber 17.3 g69.4%
Sugars 246.6 g
Protein 43 g85.2%
Vitamin A 1157.8% Vitamin C 31.7%
Calcium 88.5% Iron 77.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet