Chocolate Bread Pudding
|Bread cubes||6 Cup (96 tbs) (Standard Crouton Size From Fresh Anadama, Oatmeal, Challah, Cinnamon / White Bread)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Semisweet chocolate||6 Ounce, grated|
|Unsweetened chocolate||2 Ounce, grated|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (At Room Temperature)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Lighdy butter an 8 x 8-inch baking pan.
2. Place bread cubes in a large mixing bowl.
3. Heat the cream over low heat in a small saucepan. Add chocolates and cook, stirring occasionally, until completely dissolved. Place mixture in a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Add sugar, egg yolks, butter, vanilla, and cinnamon, and process until smooth. Pour mixture over bread cubes.
4. Place egg whites and a pinch of salt in a separate bowl and whisk or beat with an electric mixer until the whites form stiff peaks.
5. Gradually add whites, by hand, to chocolate mixture and gently combine until incorporated. Place in baking dish.
6. Place the baking dish in a roasting pan filled with enough water to surround the pudding dish halfway up its size. Bake for 35 minutes, or until pudding just begins to set.
7. While bread is warm, scoop out individual servings. This is great with whipped cream