Cranberry Raisin Steamed Pudding
|Cranberries||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Fresh/Frozen)|
|Dark seedless raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Packed brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla custard sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Grease 1-quart bowl and line bottom of bowl with waxed paper; grease paper.
2. Rinse fresh or frozen cranberries with running cold water and drain well. In 3-quart casserole or bowl, combine cranberries, raisins, and water; cover with casserole lid or large plate. Cook at high (100% power) 6 minutes or until cranberries pop. Cut butter into small chunks and stir into cranberry mixture until butter melts.
3. In small bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Stir into cranberry mixture. Add egg and mix well. Pour cranberry mixture into prepared bowl.
4. Cover bowl with waxed paper. Cook at medium (50% power) 8 to 10 minutes until top of pudding is dry and springs back when lightly pressed. Let stand, still covered, 5 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, prepare Vanilla Custard Sauce.
6. Invert pudding from bowl onto large plate. Pour Vanilla Custard Sauce over and around pudding. Cut into wedges.