Bread Pudding With Meringue
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Chopped walnuts||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|White bread cubes||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Raisins||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1. Put milk and butter into a 1-quart glass measuring cup. Cook uncovered in microwave oven 4Vi minutes at High.
2. Beat eggs slightly in a 1-quart glass measuring pitcher, then beat in sugar. Add hot milk to eggs gradually, stirring until well blended. Add vanilla extract, cinnamon, salt and nuts; stir.
3. Put bread cubes and raisins into a 1 1/2-quart glass casserole. Pour egg mixture over bread and raisins.
4. Cook uncovered in microwave oven 12 minutes at Medium-High, or
until set in center; rotate casserole one-half turn every 4 minutes.
5. Cover with Meringue and cook as directed.