Green Pea Pudding With Cherries
|Dried split peas||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Soak dried split peas overnight in water.
2. Bring to a boil, using the same water. Then simmer, covered, until peas are soft (1 1/2 to 2 hours).
3. Strain into a bowl through a fine sieve. Then stir in sugar. Return to saucepan and reheat over very low flame, stirring frequently to prevent burning.
4. Meanwhile blend cornstarch and remaining cold water to a paste. Then stir in over medium-low heat to thicken.
5. Pour into a shallow rectangular pan, to a depth of 1 inch. Let cool; then refrigerate until set.
6. Cut the pudding in 1-inch cubes and pile these, pyramid fashion, on a serving platter. Garnish with maraschino cherries and serve.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1297 Calories from Fat 36
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.1%
Saturated Fat 0 g0.01%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 26.6 mg1.1%
Total Carbohydrates 287 g95.5%
Dietary Fiber 16.2 g64.7%
Sugars 115.8 g
Protein 52 g103.6%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 0.2% Iron 0.84%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet