|Skim milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Quick-cooking tapioca||3 Teaspoon|
|Orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Orange segments/1/2 cup dates, quartered||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
1. Combine milk, sugar, and tapioca in a saucepan. Let stand 5 minutes.
2. Beat egg whites until stiff. Set aside.
3. Bring tapioca mixture to boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Add orange juice.
4. Cool, stirring occasionally. Add vanilla. Fold in egg whites and diced orange segments. Chill and serve.
5. When dates are used, omit sugar and orange segments. Add dates to boiling tapioca mixture BEFORE orange juice is added. Cook about 6 minutes. Add orange juice and proceed as above.