|Skim milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Quick-cooking tapioca||3 Teaspoon|
|Orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Orange segments/1/2 cup dates, quartered||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
1. Combine milk, sugar, and tapioca in a saucepan. Let stand 5 minutes.
2. Beat egg whites until stiff. Set aside.
3. Bring tapioca mixture to boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Add orange juice.
4. Cool, stirring occasionally. Add vanilla. Fold in egg whites and diced orange segments. Chill and serve.
5. When dates are used, omit sugar and orange segments. Add dates to boiling tapioca mixture BEFORE orange juice is added. Cook about 6 minutes. Add orange juice and proceed as above.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 580 Calories from Fat 9
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.98 g1.5%
Saturated Fat 0.44 g2.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 7 mg2.3%
Sodium 312.8 mg13%
Total Carbohydrates 124 g41.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.38 g1.5%
Sugars 91 g
Protein 19 g38.2%
Vitamin A 5.4% Vitamin C 109.1%
Calcium 44.9% Iron 3.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet