|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sieved|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Shortening||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Milk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon, softened|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cinnamon powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Pitted prunes||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), cooked|
|Butter||1 Tablespoon (For Greasing)|
|Flour||2 Tablespoon (For Dusting And Rolling)|
1. Pre heat an oven at 200 C (400 F).
2. Grease medium sized muffin cups/ muffin pan with butter and keep aside.
3. In a small bowl, brown sugar, cinnamon, prunes and raisins. Mix well and keep aside.
4. In a medium sized bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Sieve together. Add sugar and mix well.
5. Add shortening and mix well using hands till they form a crumb texture.
6. Add milk (keeping aside 2 ½ tablespoons) and gently mix into dough.
7. On a dusted surface, roll dough into an 8 inch x 12 inch rectangle.
8. Using a pastry brush, apply butter on rectangle and top uniformly with brown sugar mixture.
9. Using your hands, roll rectangle into a log shape and then cut into 8 slices.
10. Place in greased pans and brush with milk. Bake in pre heated oven for 15 to 20 minutes or till done. Once baked, remove from oven and keep aside to cool.
11. Place on a serving tray and serve warm.