|Liquid from prunes||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Prunes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sifted flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
1) Grease a baking sheet.
2) Combine the shortening and sugar and cream till light and fluffy.
3) Add in the vanilla and egg and beat well.
4) Combine and sift the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
5) Add into the creamed mix, alternating with the prune liquid.
6) Mix in the prunes, blending well.
7) Using a teaspoon, scoop and drop from onto the baking sheet.
8) Place in the oven at 350° F and bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
9) Serve as a midday snack.