Rabbit With Prunes
|Rabbits||2 , thawed (Frozen)|
|Peppercorns||4 , crushed|
|Wine vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Seasoned flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Unsalted butter||4 Tablespoon|
|Light beer||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Thyme sprig||1 Small|
|Dijon mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Tarragon vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Prunes||8 , soaked|
1) Peel and slice onion.
2) Combine sliced onion with crushed peppercorn, bay leaves, and rabbit.
3) Blend wine vinegar with water and pour over the rabbit so that the meat is covered well.
4) Allow the meat to marinate for one hour, turning the meat occassionally.
5) Separate the meat from the marinade, pat dry, and coat with flour that is previously seasoned with salt and pepper.
6) Take a skillet, melt butter, and stir fry the meat until all sides are evenly browned.
7) Take a large flameproof casserole and arrange the meat in it.
8) Strain the marinade and pour over the meat.
9) Peel and chop onion and add in the meat along with beer, bay leaves, thyme, sugar, vinegar, mustard, and lemon juice.
9) Season to taste.
10) Cover the pan and let the mixture simmer in low heat until meat is done.
11) Add soaked prunes 20 minutes before the end of cooking time.
12) Make a smooth paste of cornstarch with hot liquid from the pan and stir in the meat when done.
13) Let the meat boil for a few minutes until the sauce thickens.
14) Take a hot serving dish and arrange the meat with the prunes.
15) Pour over the sauce, check seasoning, and serve with green vegetables and creamed potatoes.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5889 Calories from Fat 1297
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 145 g223.3%
Saturated Fat 59.4 g297.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3435.6 mg1145.2%
Sodium 2495.7 mg104%
Total Carbohydrates 156 g52.1%
Dietary Fiber 14.3 g57.2%
Sugars 83 g
Protein 901 g1802.4%
Vitamin A 42.1% Vitamin C 93.5%
Calcium 73.1% Iron 754%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet