Prune Icebox Cookies
|Shortening||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs), firmly packed|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cooked prunes||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Sifted flour||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Blend shortening and sugar together until light and creamy.
3. Add eggs, vinegar and vanilla and beat well.
4. Put eggs, vinegar and vanilla in the mixture and stir well.
5. Put prunes in the mixture.
6. Add prunes.
7. Sift together flour, soda and salt and put it in the creamed mixture.
8. Mix well with hands.
9. Once done, make two rolls of 2 inch diameter each.
10. Cover the rolls with waxed paper and refrigerate overnight or for several hours.
11. When chilled, make slices of 1/8 inch thickness.
12. Take a greased baking sheet, arrange the slices on it and bake for 10 minutes.
13. Serve in a dish.