|Boiling water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pitted prunes||8 Ounce|
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2⁄3 Tablespoon|
|Chopped almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sherry||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) In a bowl, pour in boiling water to soak pitted prunes.
2) Cover the bowl with a lid and let it sit for 2 hours to soften the prunes.
3) Reserve the liquid to remove prunes.
4) Add cornstarch and sugar in the reserved liquid to combine properly.
5) Add lemon juice, cinnamon, nutmeg and almonds to stir in.
6) Place over heat to cook for a minute. Stir well and again cook for couple of minutes more.
7) Pour in sherry and prunes and stir well.
8) Place inside refrigerator to cool completely.
9) Garnish with additional nutmeg, before serving.