|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Light brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs), firmly packed|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Prune juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Plumped prune||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), chopped|
|Plump prune||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), chopped|
|Chopped walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon rind||2 Teaspoon, grated|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Coconut||4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F before baking.
2. Mix ½ cup of brown sugar, flour and butter to a creamy, crumbly mixture.
3. Take a 9" x 9" x 2” greased pan and pat the mixture into it at 1 inch high.
4. Bake for 20 minutes.
5. Mix rest of the ½ cup brown sugar, salt, cornstarch, prunes, prune juice, lemon juice and lemon rind and cook till mixture thickens. Stir in walnuts and top the baked mixture.
6. Beat the eggs; stir in vanilla extract and coconut and top evenly above priune mixture.
7. Replace in the oven and bake for 35 minutes more.
8. Cool, cut into square pieces and serve.