Protein drink, also called as protein shake, is one of the common form of supplementing protein in our body. Usually sold in powdered form these drinks can be easily made by combining with water or milk and adding a fruit of choice. These drinks are mostly consumed by sportsmen and fitness freaks. Whey, soy, casein and eggs are the major ingredients for protein drink recipe.
Method of Preparing Protein Drinks
A protein drink recipe is easy and less time consuming. The basic ingredient for making this healthy drink is protein powder, which can be easily bought from the store. There is a variety of protein powders sold and hence one can make a choice as per the preference. Usually, a protein drink is made by blending the powder with milk. However, to enhance the taste of the drink, berries or bananas can be added. Peanut butter and yogurt can also be included to make a rich drink. To beat the summer heat, ice cubes or crushed ice can be added to this wonderful drink.
Health Benefits Of Protein Drinks
Protein drink, as the name suggests provides the body with proteins. Protein helps in muscle development and boosting the strength of the body. The major health benefits of consuming protein drinks are
- Prevention of muscle injury or break down
- Formation of tissues
- Boosting body strength
- Helps in building immunity
- Increased appetite
- Acts as an energizer
Types Of Protein Drink
The protein drink recipe is an amalgamation of essential and non-essential amino acids. Different sources of proteins are used to make these healthy drinks. Here are some common protein drink types
- Whey- It is a protein derived from milk and is a rich source of essential amino acids. It facilitates digestion and absorption of other proteins in the body and helps in muscle building.
- Casein- This protein is also derived from milk and is processed slowly by the body. This protein source is beneficial in providing long term muscle protection.
- Soy- It is the most popular form of protein consumed by the people all over the world. This protein is derived from soybeans and is rich in both essential and non-essential amino acids. This protein does not cause allergies.
- Egg- It is the most costly protein forms and is rarely used as major ingredient of protein drink recipes.
Popular Protein Drink Recipe
- Light protein drink- This drink is an assortment of banana, protein powder, peanut butter, flax seed and strawberries. It is rich in taste and healthy too.
- Summertime delight protein drink - It is a healthy and beneficial protein drink recipe which is mostly used by body builders. This health drink is made by mixing strawberry protein powder with orange juice and ice cubes
- Hale and hearty Protein Shake- Chocolate protein powder when blended with egg white, banana and soy milk results in hale and hearty protein shake which is very beneficial for muscle building.