Richard Roberts' Tomato Mozzarella Prosciutto Salad
|Balsamic vinegar||6 Tablespoon (Kirkland Signature)|
|Minced garlic||4 Teaspoon|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Kirkland Signature)|
|Chopped fresh basil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ripe tomatoes||8 Medium|
|Prosciutto panino||1 Pound|
|Pine nuts||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1) In a large bowl, mix together vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. Slowly add in the olive oil along with chopped basil. Whisk well.
2) Refrigerate the bowl.
3) Slice the tomatoes, mozzarella and prosciutto into 16 slices of 1/8 to 1/4 inch.
4) In a small skillet or toaster oven, toast the pine nuts till they turn golden. Allow them to cool down.
5) Let the basil vinaigrette come down to room temperature.
6) To serve, arrange the 2 slices of tomato, mozzarella and prosciutto on small individual plates.
7) Just when about to serve, drizzle the basil vinaigrette over the slices. Garnish with toasted pine nuts on top.
8) Serve the Salad with Italian Bread on the side.