Tender Greens With Prosciutto Croutons And Walnut Oil Vinaigrette
|Walnut oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic cloves||3 Medium, smashed and peeled|
|Bread cubes||1 Cup (16 tbs) (1/2 Inch Sized)|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Red wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon (With 5 To 6 Percent Acidity)|
|Canned low-sodium chicken broth/Rich chicken stock||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dry white wine||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Thinly sliced prosciutto di parma||2 Ounce (About 4 In Number)|
|Salad greens||6 Cup (96 tbs), loosely packed (Use Mild Variety Such As Bibb, Boston Or Red-Leaf Lettuce)|
1) In a small bowl, add vinegar, chicken stock and wine to whisk. Season with 1/8 teaspoon, each of salt and pepper. Gradually pour in remaining 1/4 cup walnut oil and continue whisking, until blended.
2) In a heavy medium skillet, add 1/2 cup walnut oil to heat up over moderately low heat.
3) SautÃ© garlic for 10 minutes, or until golden. Discard the garlic.
4) Add the bread cubes to sautÃ© by increasing the heat to moderately high, until golden brown and crisp on all sides, about 5 minutes.
5) Season with a pinch each of salt and pepper and drain on paper towels; set aside.
6) Slice the prosciutto slices into 4 lengthwise strips.
7) In a large bowl, add the greens and lightly coat with the dressing.
8) Add the croutons and toss well.
9) In 2 large plates, arrange the salad and garnish with prosciutto strips to serve.