Pasta with Eggplant Prosciutto Sauce
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Eggplant||2 Cup (32 tbs), diced, pared|
|2% low fat milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onions||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Green bell peppers||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Red bell peppers||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic clove||1 Small, minced|
|Prosciutto||1⁄4 Pound, chopped (Italian-Style Ham)|
|Nutmeg||1 Dash, ground|
|Ground pepper||1 Dash|
|Spinach bow tie macaroni||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked, hot|
|Italian flat leaf parsley||1 Tablespoon (As Required For Garnish)|
1. Take a 10-inch nonstick skillet and add oil in it for heating against medium low heat.
2. Add eggplant to it, cook by stirring.
3. Cover the cook the eggplants under medium intensity of flame until eggplants turn soft; it should take ideally 5-7 minutes.
4. Now transfer the tender and half-cooked eggplants into the working bowl of a food processor. Start making a smooth puree of the eggplants.
5. Transfer the puree into a medium mixing bowl and add in milk; set the mix set aside.
6. In the same skillet melt margarine; now add in it onions, bell peppers, and garlic and fry these items until these items turn into tender-crisp, the cooking process should take 2 to 3 minutes for desired effect.
7. Now stir in eggplant mix; cook the mix over low heat until the mix gets evenly heated all through; the cooking process should continue for 1-2 minutes.
8. Now add prosciutto and seasonings in it and stir in a regularize way to combine all ingredients.
9. Now its term to serve pasta; it is to be served on a serving plate.
10. Sprinkle the noodles with parsley and add toppings with eggplant mix
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1389 Calories from Fat 467
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 48 g74.5%
Saturated Fat 9.3 g46.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 97.1 mg32.4%
Sodium 2369.5 mg98.7%
Total Carbohydrates 148 g49.4%
Dietary Fiber 18.7 g74.8%
Sugars 28.5 g
Protein 60 g120.3%
Vitamin A 144.9% Vitamin C 562.4%
Calcium 42.7% Iron 16.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet