Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus
|Asparagus spears||12 Large|
|Prosciutto||6 Ounce, thinly sliced|
|Gouda cheese||5 Ounce, cut into thin strips|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), divided|
|Cracked black pepper||To Taste|
1. Remove tough ends of asparagus, and if required peel off the scales.
2. Steam asparagus spears for about 8 minutes or till they turn tender.
3. Make 6 equal portions of prosciutto slices.
4. Make 6 equal portions of cheese slices.
5. Preheat oven to 400°.
6. Top one of the slices of prosciutto from each portion with three asparagus spears.
7. Keep four cheese strips from each portion between spears of each bundle.
8. Sprinkle 1 ½ tsp butter on top of each bundle and top with cracked black pepper.
9. Wrap each bundle with the rest of the prosciutto slices, while retaining an even meat thickness around asparagus.
10. Take a 8-inch square baking dish, grease it lightly with butter and keep asparagus bundles as a single layer.
11. Top the bundle with the rest of the two cheese strips in crisscross fashion.
12. Add the rest of the 2 tbsp butter.
13. On the preheated oven, bake for 20 minutes or till cheese melts and turns slightly brown.
14. Serve hot.