Veal Scaloppine With Prosciutto And Cheese
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Prosciutto slices||8 (Ham)|
|Beef stock||1⁄4 Pint (140 Milliliter)|
|Mozzarella cheese slices||8|
1. Pound the veal escalopes out thinly between two pieces of greasepro of paper with a meat mallet or a rolling pin.
2. Melt the butter or margarine in a frying pan and add the veal and garlic. Cook until the veal is light y browned on both sides.
3. Place a piece of prosciutto on top of each piece of veal and add the sherry, stock and sprig of rosemary to the pan. Cover the pan and cook the veal for about 10 minutes over gentle heat or until tender and cooked through.
4. Remove the meat to a warmed heatproof serving dish and top each piece of vea with a slice of cheese.
5. Bring the cooking liquid from the veal to the boil, season and allow to boil rapidly to reduce slightly.
6. Meanwhile, grill the veal to melt and brown the cheese. Remove the sprig of rosemary from the sauce and pour the sauce around the meat to serve.