Shrimp Wrapped In Prosciutto
|Fennel seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Dry white wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Diced fennel||3 3⁄4 Cup (60 tbs)|
|Thinly sliced shallots||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Medium peeled deveined shrimp||6 Medium|
|Thinly sliced prosciutto||1 Ounce|
1. In small bowl, combine fennel seeds with 1 tablespoon of the white wine; set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350°F. In medium saucepan with heatproof handle, combine fennel, shallots, olive oil, and bay leaf; place over medium heat. Add 2 cups water, remaining wine, salt, and pepper. Bring mixture to a boil; remove from heat. Cover and bake 35 minutes.
3. While fennel mixture is baking, prepare shrimp: Wrap each shrimp in one-sixth of the prosciutto and thread 3 pieces to a skewer. Arrange skewers on a platter; sprinkle evenly with Pernod and soaked fennel seeds. Grind fresh pepper over skewers and set aside 10 minutes.
4. Remove fennel mixture from oven; place saucepan over medium heat. Cook, uncovered, until liquid evaporates.
5. Grill or broil shrimp skewers 3 to 4 minutes, or until shrimp are opaque and prosciutto is crisp. Arrange fennel mixture evenly on each of 2 plates; top each with a shrimp skewer.