Twisty Soft Pretzels
|Warm water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Yeast||1⁄2 Tablespoon (1/2 Envelope)|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. In a small bowl, stir together warm water, yeast and sugar.
3. In a large bowl, mix salt and flour with a large spoon.
4. After 5 minutes, stir yeast mix into flour mix.
5. With well-floured hands, shape dough into 6-inch rods, initials, animals or traditional
twisted pretzel shapes. Brush them with the beaten egg and place on a greased cookie
sheet. If desired, sprinkle them with extra salt or cinnamon-sugar.
6. Bake at 425 degrees for 12 minutes.
To see more great recipes like this, you can purchase The Braces Cookbook at www.amazon.com.