|Warm water||2 Cup (32 tbs) (105 To115 Degree F)|
|Active dry yeast||1⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|All purpose flour||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Table salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||2 Tablespoon|
|Kosher salt/Coarse sea salt||1 Tablespoon|
1. In large bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups warm water, yeast, and sugar; stir to dissolve. Let stand until foamy, about 5 minutes. Add 2 cups flour and table salt; beat well with wooden spoon. Gradually stir in 1 1/2 cups flour to make soft dough.
2. Turn dough onto floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic, about 6 minutes, working in enough of remaining 1/2 cup flour just to keep dough from sticking.
3. Shape dough into ball; place in greased large bowl, turning dough to grease top. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let rise in warm place (80° to 85°) until doubled in volume, about 30 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400°F Grease two large cookie sheets. Punch down dough and cut into 12 equal pieces. Roll each piece into 24-inch-long rope. Shape ropes into loop-shaped pretzels.
5. In small bowl, whisk remaining 1/2 cup warm water and baking soda until soda has dissolved.
6. Dip pretzels in baking soda mixture and place, 1 1/2 inches apart, on prepared cookie sheets; sprinkle lightly with kosher salt. Bake until browned, 16 to 18 minutes, rotating sheets between upper and lower racks halfway through baking. Serve pretzels warm, or cool on wire racks to serve later.
Calories 116 Calories from Fat 3
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.33 g0.5%
Saturated Fat 0.05 g0.26%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 991.4 mg41.3%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.94 g3.7%
Sugars 0.4 g
Protein 3 g6.8%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0.6% Iron 8.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet